QPunch encourage teams to keep each other’s work up to date by adjusting fields when viewing tasks throughout the course of their work. But, at times there may be concerns about other teammates’ authority to alter the description and change the value of fields of any tasks in the Kanban. This document gives you step by step instructions to grant update permissions to specific lanes, revoking it on other lanes at the same time!
- Click on the Project Settings icon on the QPunch home Page
Navigate to Project Roles on the left side pane.
- Click on the green arrow next to Move Task to choose lanes to be granted permission.
- Select the desired lanes and click on the cross icon.
- To set the roles of the users, navigate to Users tab on the left side pane.
- Click on the down arrow displayed against the user name. In the pop up that appears, choose the desired role and press Update button.
- Login to this account to see the controlled permissions. User will have edit permission in New, Assigned and Progress lane only. Others will be read only.
This feature helps organizations with strict compliance or traceability requirements to reserve this update permission in specific swim lanes for particular project roles.
For more How To guides, refer the links below: